Grilled Bison NY Strip Steak
NY Strips are our favorite steak. Follow this recipe exactly for juicy success every time.
- Prep Time:
- 25 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 20 Minutes
- 4 (10oz.) bison NY strip steaks
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- Remove bison steaks from the freezer, and place in refrigerator to thaw on a cookie sheet to catch any dripping. Thaw for 24 hrs. The quick-thaw method is to place wrapped bison steaks in a bowl and place in the sink. Allow cool running water to flow into the bowl and run for 20 minutes, or until thawed.
- Preheat grill on high for 5-10 minutes.
- Coat steaks with olive oil, and season liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic on both sides.
- Cook over a charcoal or gas grill for 5 minutes on first side, and 3 minutes on second side. Let steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to settle back into the meat.
- Note: For best results, we recommend only cooking your bison steaks to rare or medium-rare.