Grilled Bison Burgers
A perfect recipe for those trying bison for the first time. A simple technique ensures juicy burgers with just the perfect touch of seasoning.
- Prep Time:
- 13 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 7 Minutes
- 1 lb. ground bison -or- 3 to 4 (1/3 lb.) bison burger patties
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp. Flavor Crust Seasoning
- If frozen, thaw ground bison in the refrigerator for two days before making the patties. Preheat griddle to 550°F before cooking. We suggest using a laser thermometer to test the temperature.
- Form bison into three or four burger patties.
- Coat the burgers on both sides with olive oil spray to help form a crust; this keeps the juices in the burger.
- Sprinkle patties with seasoning blend.
- Place the bison burgers on the griddle for 4 minutes on the first side. Flip the burgers, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. The internal temperature should be 135-140°F.
- Let burgers rest for several minutes before eating.
- Serve on buns with your favorite condiments.