Bison Ribeye Steak with Pan-Seared Tomato and Corn Salsa
The bison ribeye is a spectacular cut. You can sear it and prepare this rich corn salsa accompaniment in the same pan. Simple, healthy and delicious.
- Prep Time:
- 20 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 12 Minutes
- 2 bison ribeye steaks
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle pepper
- 2 ears fresh corn, niblets cut off
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- Juice from 1 fresh lime
- Pat steaks dry and season with salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil.
- Pan sear for 4 minutes on the first side, and 5 minutes on the second side. Remove from pan, and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the remaining ingredients, excluding the lime juice, to the same pan, and saute over high heat, stirring, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lime juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed. Slice steaks across the grain into 1/4 inch slices.
- Serve with seared corn salsa. Enjoy!