The Bison Council
To mainstream bison.
What it is:
The Bison Council is a collaboration of independent companies who offer consistently unique bison products made with care.
The Bison Council and its members champion bison products that are of consistent high quality and grown using environmentally friendly practices. Members collaborate to produce tender, nutritious, flavorful bison. Our all-natural bison products are 100% free of additives, antibiotics and hormones.
Members are also committed to consumer education, product availability and herd expansion.
When customers bring our foods into their homes, they’ll know it’s been produced with care and integrity by real people who want them to have a superb eating experience.
The Bison Council believes eating well and cooking with panache doesn’t need to be complicated. Our members make it easy by helping consumers recognize quality ingredients and providing healthy, delicious and simple recipes to enjoy them.
Members of The Bison Council pledge to:
- Raise bison without additives, hormones, growth stimulants or antibiotics
- Recognize environmentally friendly protocols
- Uphold compassionate animal and earth care
- Maintain documented animal health and welfare practices
- Produce healthy, natural, 100% pure products
- Pledge to sustain stable supply
- Continue promotion of consumer education
- Adhere to core values
- Uphold Food Safety and Inspection standards
- Conform to USDA/CFIA inspection guidelines
- Meet Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards
Our charter members have pledged to maintain the highest standards and ideals of animal care and husbandry, sustainability, food safety, purity of ingredients and quality of finished consumer products.
- High Plains Bison
- Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison
- Double T Bison Ranch
- Jackson Fork Ranch
- Chinook Bison Ranch
- Wild Rose Meats Europe B.V.